October 15, 2008

No flight of fancy

Reprinted from Auburnpub.com

By Jason Gabak/Special to The Citizen
Sunday, October 12, 2008 9:51 PM EDT

Growing up in Venice Center, Mary Beth Riley Moran had the good fortune to know with absolute certainty what she wanted to do with her life from a relatively early age.




Photo by Jill Connor / The Citizen

From a career in the Air Force, Mary Beth Riley Moran now works for the Federal Aviation Administration as an aviation safety inspector working in Rochester. She was recently chosen for the Cambridge Who's Who List, a professional resource used for networking and mentoring purposes that recognizes the accomplishments of individuals that have made a distinct place for themselves in their careers. A drive and determination has earned Moran a distinct honor.




Moran was recently chosen for the Cambridge Who's Who List, a professional resource used for networking and mentoring purposes that recognizes the accomplishments of individuals that have made a distinct place for themselves in their careers.
For Moran, this career path has taken her from a farm in Venice Center, literally, to all over the world.

It was through her older brother, Mike, that Moran said she found her inspiration.

“This is no lie,” Moran said. “When I was 12, I knew what I wanted to be. I wanted to be a Marine, and I still have a deep respect for the marines. My brother had joined, and when he came back from basic training, I saw how it had matured him; it had taken a teenager and turned him into a man. I knew at an early age that was what I wanted to do.”

Read the full article at Auburnpub.com.